Higher Education Application
Instructions and criteria for the Higher Education Scholarship Award:
- Applicants must be a Tribal Member of the Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake.
- Must have graduated from high school and provide a copy of their diploma or GED equivalent. Exceptions shall be High School Seniors who must submit most current report card.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendations from individuals outside of the school/family.
- Submit a copy of their most recent school report card, discipline, or attendance records to indicate continued education.
- Submit a typewritten essay, five hundred (500) words maximum, titled “My Educational and Career Goals”, once accomplished, how you will utilize them to improve your Tribal Community”.
- Applicants must submit verification of “Full Time” (12 units +) enrollment status and a recent College Transcript (if applicable). This includes any vocational or trade school programs.
- All applications with required documents must be submitted and received at the Tribal office by the announced due date.
- Students must maintain passing grades in all enrolled subjects and have a minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.0 to apply or receive scholarship awards.
- Each year completes a cycle and students must reapply for another scholarship award. The student will be required to provide a brief oral presentation at the next scheduled General Membership meeting expressing how the Scholarship award contributed to their education.
– Please Fax to 707-275-0757.