Youth Education Application
Instructions and criteria for completing the packet for Youth Education Scholarship:
NOTE: The Tribe reserves the right to be reimbursed for payments/funds awarded from the Scholarship Fund due to the applicant’s failure/willingness to attend or use of the scholarship award as it was intended. This may be done by a direct payment from the applicant or by with-holding any money distributions due to the applicant/member. (Example: Revenue Sharing Trust Fund Distribution (RSTF), Revenue Allocation Plan (RAP) or other Tribal disbursements.)
- Must be a Tribal Member of the Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake.
- The applicant must be attending an accredited elementary or secondary school (grades K-12).
- A completed Youth Education Scholarship application must be submitted by the announced deadline date. Any applications received after deadline date will be considered at the next Scholarship selection review.
- Applicant shall enclose the most current report card, progress or attendance report from their school. This is to verify the youth has been enrolled in school and is currently attending on a regular schedule.
- Examples of Scholarship awards:
- Youth Camps: Summer, Sports, Academic, Church
- Contests: Essay, Talent, Art/Drawing
- Field Trips: School, Tribal, Church, Boy/Girl Scouts
- After School Sports: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, T-Ball, Track & Field, Cheerleading
- Lessons: Martial Arts, Dancing, Swimming, Tennis, Golf, Art, Language
- Academic Enhancement: Summer School, Educational Tools,
- Clubs: 4-H, School/Academic, Church, Tribal and Community
- After School Tutoring: Each application will be reviewed on a case (ie; registration, uniforms, and equipment as required by the sport) Resource Classes, Driver’s Education/ Training. by case basis
- Applicants must submit all requested information listed on the application form. If the applicant is requesting payment directly to the organization, the following information must be provided; organization’s name, address and telephone numbers. If the applicant is requesting reimbursement, valid proof of payment and attendance is required. Acceptable forms of documentation for the above include; brochures, informational packets, general affidavit, invoices/billings, copies of receipts paid in advance, and other valid types of payment receipts are to accompany the application before awards are issued.
– Please Fax to 707-275-0757.